WHAT IS PRO LIFE
Pro-life describes the moral, political and ethical opposition to elective abortion and support for its legal prohibition or restriction. Those involved in the pro-life movement generally maintain that the human fetus and in most cases the human embryo is a person and therefore has a right to life. On the issue of abortion, pro-lifers are opposed by pro-choicers who generally advocate for women's reproductive rights. The pro-life movement may also include people who oppose euthanasia and embryonic stem-cell research.
Pro-life individuals generally believe that human life should be valued either from fertilization or implantation until natural death. The contemporary pro-life movement is typically, but not exclusively, influenced by Conservative Christian values, especially in the United States, and has influenced certain strains of bioethical utilitarianism. From that viewpoint, any action which destroys an embryo or fetus kills a person. Any deliberate destruction of human life is considered ethically or morally wrong and is not considered to be mitigated by any benefits to others as such benefits are coming at the expense of the life of a person. In some cases, this belief extends to opposing abortion of fetuses that would almost certainly expire within a short time after birth, such as anencephalic fetuses.
Some pro-life advocates oppose certain forms of birth control, particularly hormonal contraception such as Emergency contraception (ECPs), and copper IUDs which prevent the implantation of an embryo. Because they believe that the term "pregnancy" should be defined so as to begin at fertilization, they refer to these contraceptives as abortifacients. The Catholic Church endorses this view, but the possibility that hormonal contraception has post-fertilization effects is disputed within the scientific community, including some pro-life physicians.
Attachment to a pro-life position is often but not exclusively connected to religious beliefs about the sanctity of life. Exclusively secular-humanist positions against abortion tend to be a minority viewpoint among pro-life advocates. Many holding the pro-life position also tend toward a complementarian view of gender roles, though there is also a self-described feminist element inside the movement.
Here are some quotes from other pro life believers.
"There are two victims in every abortion: a dead baby and a dead conscience." "It is a poverty that a "child must die", So that you may live as you wish... - Mother Teresa
“This is Mel Gibson and I'm voting NO on Prop 71. - Research on adult and umbilical stem cells have lead to cures in 300,000 cases. But that's not what Proposition 71 is about. This is Mel Gibson. I'm concerned that people aren't fully informed about Prop 71. We have a lot of questions to ask. Like why are we being misled into thinking prop 71 isn't about cloning, when it is. That's what it says, "somatic cell nuclear transfer". And that is a scientific term for cloning. If cloning human embryos for destruction is so promising, why aren't private companies paying the 6 billion dollars? Because in 23 years embryonic stem cell research has not produced a single human cure. All it has yielded is tumors, rejection, and mutations. See bad science doesn't attract venture capital. So why should the taxpayers be bled dry? This is Mel Gibson and I'm voting NO on Prop 71. Creating life simply to destroy it is wrong." - Mel Gibson
"What an irony that a society confronted with plastic bags filled with the remains of aborted babies should be more concerned about the problem of recycling the plastic"... - Winifred Egan
I’ve once gone on the walk for life in San Francisco my sophomore or junior year in high school in our local church Auntinet was our chaperon along with me and at least 10 other people in my youth group. At first I did not want to this but after going and seeing so many people doing this it really changed the way I thought about abortion it was such a big movement I love to do it again. This is a news paper add about the event and how many people it attracts The Walk for Life West Coast event in San Francisco exceeded organizers’ expectations by drawing a crowd of 40,000 people, a record-breaking figure. The walk route started at Justin Herman Plaza in downtown San Francisco and concluded at Marina Green in sight of the Golden Gate Bridge. The line of walkers stretched over a mile long. During the Preborn Jesus Holy Hour around noon, walkers prayed for the aborted babies.
Groups such as Silent No More, Priests for Life, Lutherans for Life, and Anglicans for Life joined in the walk to remember the unborn, share their testimonies, and pray for an end to abortion.
Side Effects of an Abortion
A lot of people think that abortion is an only option they never think of ADOPTION but abortion has a lot of side effect most people are unaware of and also regret going through an abortion some physical side effect people do not know of are some of the following
• Abdominal pain and cramping
• Diarrhea spotting and bleeding
More serious complications of abortion although they say it occurs in less than 1 out of 100 first trimester abortions and approximately 1 out of every 50 late term abortions it is important to know the risk
• Heavy or persistent bleeding
• Infection or sepsis
• Damage to cervix
• Scarring of the uterine lining
• Perforation of the uterus
• Damage to other organs
It is important to understand that these risks are rare and some are even present with child birth. What matters is that you are aware that they exist.
10 arguments against abortion and why pro life is an idea
1. Scince life begins at conceptions abortion is akin to murder because it is an act of taking human life. Abortion is in direct defiance of the commonly accepted idea of the sanctity of human life
2. No civilized society permits one human to intentionally harm or take the life of another human without punishment, and abortion is no difrnt.
3. Adoption is an alternative option to abortion and accomplishes the same result. And abortion is no different
4. An abortion can result in medical complications later in life the risk of ectopic pregnancy doubles and the chance of a miscarriage and pelvic inflammatory disease can increase.
5. In the instance of rape or incest proper medical can ensure the that women will not get pregnant. Abortion punishes the unborn child who committed no crime instead it is the perpetrator who should be punished.
6. Abortion should not be used as another form of contraception
7. For women who demand complete control of their body control should include preventing risk of unwanted pregnancy through the responsible use of contraption or if that is not possible through abstinence.
8. Many Americans who pay taxes are opposed to abortion, so its morally wrong to use tax dollars to fund abortion.
9. Those who choose abortion are often minors or young women with not enough life experience to understand fully what they are doing. Many have lifelong regrets afterwards.
10. Abortion frequently causes intense psychological pain and stress.